Well, school ended last week and I am already going a little stir crazy with the girls and myself home during the week. It doesn't help that our house is now on week 5 of being on the market and we are averaging 2 views a day. So, the house must remain spotless and we must be ready to pack up and leave at a moments notice. Not really helping my sanity! Today I had hit my limit of children's television by 4:30 and decided to find something else that we all could enjoy. So while watching "The Dog Whisperer" T called to let me know someone else was coming to see the house (2nd viewing of the day). I decided I had enough time to put some new vacuum lines in the carpet and decided the girls could watch the food network while I did so....they know to stay on the couch during the last minute house cleaning. It was Paula Dean so I knew it was safe to leave them in her care for a few minutes. When I stopped the vacuum to change outlets K yelled for the couch "Mommy what's a bundt pan?" I said "what?" She repeated herself more loudly this time (which is what she does when we don't understand her) "WHAT"S A BUNDT PAN?" I laughed thinking about all the things my 3 and 5 year old were learning from the great P. Dean! I replied "It's a pan with a hole in the middle." To which she said "okay". I know I have one....obviously it never gets used! Here are some pics from our first week of summer activities: 


T thought it was a good time to follow through on his promise to the girls to set up the tent (which is being used here for the first time after spending nine years in our attic...it was a gift from T's groomsmen at our wedding ) in the back yard for a camp out. S , T and the dogs slept all night in the tent. K never went out and was content to set up her fluffy air mattress right beside mommy's bed! I don't blame her one bit for never attempting the great outdoors! 

The girls had a great time at a near by splash park as we tried to beat the heat one day this week!



No comments:
Post a Comment