Monday, June 1, 2009

Amazing Peace

Today was a day for the record books emotionally for both T and I. The main reason I blog is to keep a record of the great moments in our daily lives that we don't want to forget. So, while this has nothing humorous about it and is very lengthy it is a day that we hope we never forget as far as feeling the peace of God surrounding us.

About three weeks ago I received a phone call from the director of the mother's day out that I work at that a child in my class had Fifths disease and she thought I should see my Dr immediately. Well, being in Oklahoma this was not possible but I did give them a call and Nurse Peggy reassured me that I was probably fine because once you've been exposed you don't get it again and I had probably already been exposed at some time. She also said there was nothing for me to do about it so just to tell my Dr. at my next visit and he may draw some blood. T and I decided at that point to give it to God and worrying about it would do us no good.

So, last week at my regular appointment at the last minute I remembered to tell him "oh by the way...." I really had given it to GOD and almost forgot to give it to my doc! He said I was probably fine but when he heard I thought one or both of my kids had also come down with it (we think) he then decided to go ahead and do some blood work. Honestly I never thought twice until I received a phone call on Friday from the administrative assistant at the Dr.'s office, "One of your levels from your blood work was a little high and the Dr. wants to do a sonogram at his first available appointment on Monday." Everything turned upside down at that point.....giving it to God just became a whole lot harder! I had no idea what the results were or how they were going to affect me or the baby. Needless to say it was a long weekend. But I never doubted at any point that my God was always in control and that no matter what the test results showed my God was still the same God he was yesterday and He will still be the same God tomorrow. I must trust in His plans for our lives but believe me I wished the phone call would have happened on Monday morning not Friday afternoon! I think God was saying trust in me...always!

This brings me to the peace of today. When the Dr. entered the room he says "Hello! How are you guys?" Really??? I said "I don't know, you tell me." To which he said "Oh, your fine." Ah, peace. He explained to T and I the different levels of Fifths disease and while he can't say that I did pick up the disease he can't rule it out either based on my levels. He said everything he is doing is just precautionary. He said the good news is that I am pretty far along in the pregnancy and the worse case scenario at this point is that the baby could develop anemia and if this happens he will refer us to a specialist who will do a blood transfusion on the baby. Okay...that's a little scary but things could be worse!

The sonogram went wonderfully the baby boy (yes it is still a boy...nameless but a boy indeed) is doing great and no signs of anemia. Ah, peace. I will be going in every week for a sonogram and then in a month he wants to take another blood sample to compare the levels from the first test. So while every possible problem with the baby and myself went through my head over he weekend it was a blessing to hear everything is indeed fine. However as my Dr. said today, "Keep your fingers crossed that nothing shows up over the next weeks." Peace. I have an amazing feeling of peace as I know that I am not going through this alone. I am thankful I have a savior who carries my burdens for me and that no matter what the next few weeks/months hold my God has not and will not let go! Peace. Amazing peace.

1 comment:

Debbie Willett said...

I will pray for you and baby boy that he remains healthy and that you can rest easy.