Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Poor S!

It seems that S rarely gets a break! Today we made a trip to the dentist because it seems S can't even lose a few teeth without something going wrong! Her 2nd tooth came out last Thursday and we noticed it had an odd bump almost like a blister where the tooth came out. I often think I am just being a paranoid mom so we decided to wait a few days before calling the dentist. When I asked one of her former teachers who has 3 older children to take a look at it she said she would definitely have the dentist look at it soooo that is where we ended up today. The good news is that her dentist said it will heal on its own in time and explained after looking at some x-ray pictures it was one of her nerves the came up when her tooth came out and he said it is likely to happen to other teeth in the future. Odd, I know, I have never heard of this before....I really feel bad for her because it brought on more reasons for her to have anxiety. I guess I should be thankful because this also allows me another opportunity to show her how she can get through these moments of literally coming un-glued by fear. We survived and thankfully we have an awesome dentist with very compassionate staff who even let S hold/play with the dental flashlight when they found out that was one of her reasons for anxiety at one point during the visit. I am glad all is well for the moment! Here are some more pics from last week when we went to visit family in Oklahoma over spring break.
S and her cousin pretending to be sleeping!

S and her other cousin enjoying one of the space exhibits at a children's museum

3...2...1...Blast Off!

Amazingly she never hit her fingers!

All 4 cousins enjoying the outdoor area of the children's museum

No comments: