K had her 3 year check-up today and everything went really well. She is at the 25 % for weight and 75% for height so the Dr. is very pleased. She is also right on track developmentally and he is glad she is in a preschool program. Both girls got the flu shot today as well. S requested that K go first (no surprise). K had no idea what was coming. She started screaming at the prick of the needle and S lost all color in her face at the same time. I thought S was going to lose it right there. Believe me she came up with every excuse in the book including needing to go potty and being allergic to eggs. However the nurse went right on ahead, just as I would, and gave her the dreaded shot as she clung for life to her daddy. It's one of those moments where you either have to laugh or cry. I was holding K who was screaming so loudly in my ear and wouldn't stop to listen to a word I was saying as I watched S literally cling so tightly to her daddy that he needed no hands to hold her as the nurse jabbed a shot in her thigh. Both girls looked at as with tears in their eyes wondering what kind of parents are you? I am so glad T was there to share the heartache and laughter with me. We stopped by Marble Slab on the way home and it's amazing how pink ice cream with sprinkles makes their sore legs feel so much better!
Requirements
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment