Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving from our sweet pilgrim!

S at a friend's Mad Science birthday party.

K and her baby on a trip to the neighborhood park.

Babies, babies, babies! They always seem to take over S's bed! Funny thing is K plays with babies all day long but throws them all on the floor at night!

Keeping warm as we wait for Santa's arrival!


On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer.......


Wow the holidays have hit...ready or not! Last Thursday the girls both had a Thanksgiving feast with their classes at school. K's feast was low key but fun. She enjoyed helping stir together a trail mix with friends and watching the charlie brown thanksgiving movie. S had a week of festivities to prepare for her class feast. On Monday we were told to bring a brown paper grocery bag and talk to our child about their main country of origin. Well....because we waited till last minute Monday morning and neither T or I had a good answer to this question, other than the United States, we did what I am sure most parents did and just googled it! FYI "Taylor" comes from Scotland. Sounded good to us! S and her classmates made vests (from the brown bag). The teachers put a flag of S country on the back of her vest and she decorated it with feathers. S proudly wore her vest home that afternoon and told Daddy all about it! Then on Saturday we surprised the girls and took them to see Santa at an outdoor shopping mall. It was wonderful and they were so surprised! They saw Donner and Blitzen (2 live reindeer at the event), Santa come in on a fire truck and we watched as the jolly fellow helped turn on the lights of the 35 foot Christmas tree that played music! It was magical! So, as much as I do dread the hustle and bustle of shopping, waiting in lines, listening to people sigh around me also waiting in lines, wondering where the clerk is to help me get the last "must have toy" off of the top shelf, pondering on how I will buy everything on my list and still stay in my budget and of course the feeling of guilt for not being in more than one place at a time ...I have to stop and remember not only the reason we celebrate the holidays but also to take in a little bit of what the girls see and enjoy the true "magic" of Christmas. Funny moment to end on that has nothing to do with the holidays but last night when I was tucking K into bed and doing the usual routine of hugs and kisses she out of the blue asked me " Momma, do you wanna smell my stinky feet?" I know it's silly but I hope it makes some of you smile too. She is sooo silly! Happy Turkey Day!!

No comments: