Thursday, January 28, 2010

Three Month Review

Three months these days seems like 3 weeks so here is an update from the past few months. J is still doing great he is now almost 5 months old and weighs around 16 lbs! He is sleeping fairly well through the night with usually just one 3am feeding. He is not rolling over yet but I think it is more due to lack of encouragement on my part....I enjoy him being immobile! He is just pure goodness! This first picture seems so long ago.... Here we are about to go trick-or-treating through the neighborhood. This is the first year we were able to trick-or-treat and not just attend a fall festival (Saturday Halloweens are great!) The girls loved it and S thought it would be fun to do this EVERY night!
K turned 4 the very next day! Here she is enjoying her princess dress-up party with some of her friends.


Otherwise November remained fairly uneventful. S learned about the meaning behind Thanksgiving and brought home lots of coloring pictures related to the holiday. When I asked her about a picture of the boats she thought about it and said, "I think those are the boats the (pause) Aliens came on." ('Aliens' because she couldn't remember the name 'pilgrims'-they sound similar!)

Here we are ready to take our letters to Santa. I thought we would just drop them in the Santa Mailbox where Santa is at but....

they all wanted to go tell him what they wanted instead. Whoo Hoo! That's a first...I think.
As we were leaving K looked up at me and happily said "he didn't even pinch me!" I said "what?" She said "he didn't even pinch me." I said "who, Santa?" She said "yeah". Not sure where she got the idea but it could explain the reason why she looks like she is ready to leap off his lap at any moment...or pinch!" J smiling

J laughing
Christmas Eve picture with the cousins
K got her prince from Santa. T seems to think this prince will be all she needs.....hmmm not so sure about that. But wouldn't it be nice if we all could get our prince/princess delivered by Santa at such a young age!
I love this pic of my sweet niece who was holding J when I left the room and literaly looked like this when I came back. She managed to rock him to sleep without a pacifer, a task neither T or I can accomplish! Too bad she lives so far away!
The girls had a great time at "Ice" at the Gaylord.

Enjoying some of the snow showers. I think we have had 4 different snow showers this winter, including one today!
The girls came downstairs one day after playing dress-up with their dolls. I thought it was so cute how K found a dress to match her doll.
Moving on to January...S turned 6! She choose to go to Holiday in the Park this year instead of having a party with her friends. We all had a great time!



S enjoying waking up to all the birthday decor before heading off to school.


S had a Kindergarten awards ceremony on her birthday. She recieved an award for excellent reading! We are so proud of her! She is on the back row far left.


After the awards she shared birthday cupcakes with her classmates.


A birthday dinner at the American Girl Store topped off the day. She said "this is the best birthday EVER!"






And yeah....that gingerbread house kit I bought before Christmas, was finally put together sometime mid January! None the less still a fun and yummy tradition.



Finally, a current picture of the kiddos who love each other most of the time.

No comments: