Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Baby J and first days of school


Well....I know this is long overdue but here I sit wondering where the time has gone. With the first kid it seems like life is in slow motion and nothing, I mean NOTHING, seems normal. Then comes the second and then the third kid and it seems as if time moves faster these days and I am astounded at how three weeks have come and gone since are precious newborns birth. I guess the other two kids make life seem more normal and I must keep going or we will all be in trouble. I find myself worrying not about the lack of sleep I am getting or how I am possibly going to feed this baby every 2-3 hours (which was all I could think about with my first!) but rather about getting S to school on time so she doesn't get a tardy because I know this would be a huge blow to her entire day. So far....no tardies!! Her teachers said she is doing great and they never noticed any changes in her behavior when Baby J came! By the way she LOVES school now and we see no more tears!! At home she is loving being a big sister and loves to gently rub J's back or head and give him sweet kisses. I am thankful that with all of the changes she has coped extremely well!!



This is how S prefers to wake up in the mornings...snuggling with her baby bro!K is also loving being a big sister however as we expected this newest arrival did rock her world a bit. It took exactly one week before we heard "I don't want to have a baby brother anymore". I wanted to laugh and cry all at the same time. We knew it was coming but it is so hard for her to understand. T an I sat and talked to her about it and reassured her that we still loved her just the same as before J arrived. She is doing better but she is still not crazy about J getting so much attention. She gives him hugs and kisses but they are much tighter and louder than J would prefer! K started her preschool the same day J was born and loves every minute. She goes three days a week and while we have to literally drag her sister out of bed in the mornings to get to school K can't get to hers fast enough! (S takes after her mom and dad and is not a morning person!) I asked K before school started, "What's more exciting starting school or getting a new baby brother?" Without hesitation she said, "Starting school!"

Baby J is doing well! He is a good baby and a fairly good sleeper. He has more good nights than bad so that is a blessing. My pediatrician told me at his 2 week check up, "You deserve a good baby." So I guess the Good Lord agreed and I am so thankful!! He weighed 8 lbs 7 oz a week ago and I know he has gained some since then. The Dr. said he should be around 6ft tall someday based on his height at birth. I don't know how accurate that is but if it's true I better make sure he knows the home rules and is fearful of the consequences before he towers over me!


First Picture!


Ready for the car ride home from the hospital. All the cousins!Yeah , no comment......This is how he usually looks these days...what a blessing!

First bath!

Our precious baby boy!!

No comments: