

S started Kindergarten today! What a milestone in our lives. She was so excited and ready to go until she entered the cafeteria where the children were waiting with their teachers to go to their classrooms.

S immediately put on the brakes and refused to move any closer. Thank goodness T was there to help because he was able to pick her up and carry her tears and all to the table where her classmates and their parents sat. Her sister handed her flowers to her teachers for her. She was able to calm down a little until her teacher asked all her children to line up.

Well, S lost it again . She buried herself in her daddy's arms and the tears began flowing again. "No, no, no" she said. Her teacher said her daddy could walk her to class. So T took her hand and walked her all the way down to her room. He said he almost got choked up as the teacher literally pulled her out of a death grip she had on him when they got to the room. I know I couldn't have handled it! However we will do it all again tomorrow only without T there to help. The worst part about the whole day for me was when I came to pick her up in the carpool line after school the tears were flowing down her sweet little cheeks again. Well, needless to say I lost it. Had she been sad all day? Will we ever make it through the year? What kind of parents can leave there child knowing the sadness and trials they are facing without you there to help? The teacher who placed her in the car said she just got a little nervous waiting. Once home she was fine again and said she did not cry all day and excitedly told us about her day and how she enjoyed recess and the gym and showed as all the things she made/colored. So, I think we see the worst (hopefully!) and she seems to be fine the rest of the time.
K spent her day waiting for her sister to come home. "When are we gonna go get S?" was the question of the day! Funny thing is....S said she never even thought about K!

Baby J also had his last check up today. The
dr. had trouble getting some bone
measurements of him because he is "so big and so active"! I looked at T and said "I think we're in trouble!" So with one week till his arrival we will try to rest and enjoy the moments with just the girls 'cause I have a feeling we have an active boy about to enter our world.
To conclude here is a precious poem sent to me today by a friend:
She started school this morning,
And she seemed so very small.
As I walked there beside her In the Kindergarten hall.
And as she took her place beside the others in the class,
I realized how all too soon
Those first few years can pass.
Remembering, I saw her as
She first learned how to walk.
The words that we alone made out
When she began to talk.
This little girl so much absorbed
In learning how to write.
It seems as though she must have grown
To girlhood overnight.
My eyes were blurred but hastily
I brushed the tears away
Lest by some word or sign of mine
I mar her first big day
Oh how I longed to stay with her
And keep her by the hand
To lead her through the places
That she couldn't understand.
And something closely kin to fear
Was mingled with my pride.
I knew she would no longer be
A baby by my side.
But she must have her chance to live,
To work her problems out,
The privilege to grow and learn
What life is all about.
And I must share my little girl
With friends and work and play;
She's not a baby anymore --
She's in Kindergarten today.
No comments:
Post a Comment