Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We're here!

Well I thought I should give an update since it has been well over a month since the last post. We have moved into our new house and with exception of the garage and a couple random boxes we are completely unpacked! The computer that I am able to download pictures on is not hooked up to the Internet yet, so as soon as we get that fixed I have tons of pictures to share!

The girls are enjoying their playroom and upstairs bedrooms. They also love the bigger backyard that has a new playhouse (thanks gramma and grandad) and will soon have a new swing set (thanks nana and pop pops)! They are also enjoying playing with some of the new neighbors!

S went with us to register her for school and was able to take a tour of the school with the principal. She was so excited that her new school has a library and a gym! We also learned that the school offers a dual language program where the kids in the class will have a completely English spoken class one day and then have a completely Spanish speaking class the next day and alternate between the classes. Half of the class is children who have Spanish as there 1st language and the other 1/2 have English as there dominate language. The principal said there is such a large number of children/families interested in the program they would have to do some testing to pick the right children for the program. So tomorrow S will go to school for the testing. She was all excited about the program till she heard she was going to have to talk to someone and answer some questions so they could find out if she was good fit for the program. After this she said "I don't want to do the program anymore." So hopefully tomorrow she will have a peace and feel comfortable talking to whoever is testing her! S will start school on Aug 24th and we should find out if she will be in the dual language program the week before.

K is more than ready to get back to school and see her friends. She will go three days a week which I think will be good for her since S is going to be gone 5 days. She starts class on the 31st.

Both of the girls enjoyed their swimming lessons and are doing very well swimming! S needs someone to reassure her and be there just in case. K thinks she is a fabulous swimmer! She is at that point where she really needs someone right there because she just jumps out there and thinks she is swimming but doesn't always go very far or come up for a breath. It is a little scary but she is okay as long as an adult is right there to help her.

The baby is doing well. I am still going to the dr. every week for a sonogram. The baby is over 6 lbs now! I have an induction date set for August 31st. He now has a name but because of my husbands paranoia with posting family names (understandable with his job) he will be referred to here as "J". If you want to know the name just email me and I will be glad to share with you.

I think that is all for now. I will end with this story that I don't want to forget. When we were still in the other house the girls were sleeping on palates on the floor because T had already taken their beds apart for the move. When it was time for me to hug and kiss K I asked her to sit up because it was too hard for me to bend all the way over. Then T came over to give her hugs and kisses and she said "Why can't mommy bend over?" T said "because she has a baby in her tummy so it's hard for her to bend over." K said "Oh I know, mommy can't bend over because she's afraid the baby might fall out!"

No comments: