Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday S!


I can't believe S turned 5 today! I can't believe that she will start Kindergarten next fall! I can't believe that our sweet baby is becoming a little bit sassy! Even so we are so thankful for every moment we have with her! Today we tried to make her day special! We had a special birthday breakfast then headed off to school. Another girl in her class has the same birthday so rather than sharing the day we let her friend bring cupcakes today and S will bring a cookie cake on Monday (when they return to school). I thought this might bother her to celebrate her friends birthday today but she didn't seem to mind...I think her teachers still made sure she felt special today as well. After school we stopped by our favorite drink spot, Sonic! S ordered her favorite, a root beer float and K got her favorite a banana milkshake (interesting they love these drinks when I can't stand root beer or bananas! I guess they know these are safe because mom won't ask for a taste!). We stopped by a park where they played and then they came home to play with the neighbors. When T got home S wanted pizza for dinner so we took the girls to a pizza place that also has games to play. She was so wound up after a few birthday phone calls from relatives at bedtime that I didn't think she was ever going to fall asleep! It was a busy day but I think she had fun! I know she is thrilled to be five! This morning when I asked her to help K brush her hair she said "yes mommy, I can do lots of things now because I'm five!" Hmmm, I think I might find this helpful when things need to be done around here! Happy Birthday S! We LoveYou!

No comments: