Needless to say we all really enjoyed the parade! It was so much fun! They girls loved seeing some of the favorite characters and can't tell you how many times K would look at me and say, "Hhhh, momma we have that movie!" Translation: we have seen something (tv show, commercial or on the rare occasion it really was a movie) with those character in it. When the parade was over we were all thrilled to have been able to come and experience this as a family and to have such great seats! We packed up all our stuff and decided to make a stop at a restroom somewhere (the port-a-potties on the side of the street were not an option in my eyes) before we got back on the DART rail to go home. T wanted to go to an office building across the street but I thought the Adolphus was a much better idea. So we went inside the beautiful hotel and took in all the glamour! Little did we know the plans God had for us that day!
After the potty stop we were headed back out the door still thrilled at all we had done when something magical happened! T and S made it out the doors of the hotel before K and I and I could see he was approached by a tall nicely dressed woman who was explaining something to him. I then saw him look up at me and then continue to talk to her. I thought she was asking directions but I knew that was too long of a conversation for that with T. So K and I made it outside and the lady came over to me and explained that her company was a sponsor for the parade and there was a special sponsors brunch upstairs in the Adolphus. She had 4 tickets that she was not going to use and did not want them to go to waste. I was thinking "are you kidding me?" but what I said was "Are you sure?" To which she responded "oh yes, yes please go" With that she personally escorted us still carrying all our stuff through the hotel to the stairs that lead to the brunch. Let's just say T and I had no idea what we were in store for during this time! When went upstairs handed a couple our tickets and went in the grand ball room to find a table to place our stuff down. It was absolutely exquisite! I was on cloud nine! We went out to the buffet line when T looked at me and asked "Do you want to share? I'm not really that hungry." Really? I wanted to blurt out "we will probably NEVER eat here again with some of the best chefs from around the world and you want to share?" But instead I said "I think we should each get our own." and then grabbed a very nice plate for me and one for K. I can't even explain how good it was and I think T was glad he had his own plate when it was said and done. As we were eating we heard a band out in the hall...I suddenly knew there was more than just good food! The Hardin-Simmons band came in and played 5 or 6 songs in the ballroom. The girls and I loved every minute of it! Some of the best events at the brunch however were the people in attendance from the parade including the band. K was able to get her picture with Miss Texas! S was too shy.
K was also able to get her picture and a personalized note and autograph from Miss Fort Worth. Miss Fort Worth's mom asked if she could take a picture as well because K's smile was just too cute...so I am sure K will be in one of her scrapbooks too!! S was still being shy, hiding behind T's leg. S did reach out for the signed picture though! Miss Fort Worth's mom said she has two girls one of which was shy like S and the other...well she was posing for pictures!
Both girls liked visiting with a clown from the parade who gave them lots of snowflake stickers!
And they both got a special treat when they were able to pet the yellow lab from the movie "Marley and Me" (Coming out on Christmas Day)! One of the great things about this event was that there were no lines for pictures you just walk right up and get to take your time.
I can only speak for myself but the whole event from the parade to the brunch and all the in between was like a dream come true. T and I said several times how when we come watch the parade again it just will never be quite the same! I know the fact that we weren't expecting any of it made the blessing so much more rich in our eyes! What a magical day for all of us! 


No comments:
Post a Comment