This morning T and myself had the opportunity to campus an area of our city that is well.... less fortunate than we are everyday. We were handing out info. on a free event that takes place in 2 weeks that our church puts on every summer for the kids in this area that provides the children with free backpacks, school supplies, health and dental screenings, haircuts, and lots of fun activities. Most of the families in the area already know about "Fun with the Son" because it has been going on for the past 12 years so they were for the most part excited to see us coming. However, the real joy for us came in the ability to walk the streets just as Jesus did thousands of years ago and share His love and mission with others. It was amazing to say the least. We were dripping in sweat and smiling with love as we know Christ was ministering in and through us. I am so thankful that T and I took hold of this opportunity and pray that it will become something we can do more often. I know we are blessed in so many ways, more than I can name, and we try to teach our girls that everything we have comes from God. It is days like today that I am so clearly reminded that I have more than I will ever need and my treasures, my real treasures are being stored in heaven!
Requirements
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment