Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rationing of Muffins

Today was Muffins with Mom day at the girl's mother's day out program. I have learned from past experience to feed them breakfast before we go because they are only given a small amount of food. For example, donuts with dad was 2 weeks ago and each dad was provided with 1/2 a donut ...the same as the kids! Yes, grown men are given 1/2 a donut! Daddy was grateful that this year he could go to 2 classes so he could devour one whole donut before departing! Today was no exception to the rule, all the mom's and kids received a quarter of a muffin. I don't mind, I just find it humorous! I think the program should have a disclaimer on the invitations that are sent home about the rationing of the breakfast items, so parents know before they go!

The gifts the girls made were really sweet...'S' made a flower pot with ladybugs (fingerprints) on the side. She also had a poem on paper she decorated with our picture on it, and the teachers also put together a cookbook of all the kids favorite recipes. The only problem was they left off a main ingredient in 'S' Chilled Strawberry Soup (no not strawberries...another main ingredient!). I hope no one tries it because I am sure it will be horrendous if made according to the class cookbook. 'K' gave me a magnet that looks like a sun with her fingerprints on it and her picture in the middle, she also gave me a poem with her hand prints on the side.
I am not one to save a lot of sentimentals....I know this is awful but how many handprints does one need to keep in a 3 month time period or 6 month time period or even after one year? Between church, school and MOPS I think I could wallpaper a bedroom with handprints, fingerprints and footprints they have made from this year alone. I think they are all precious but really why do I feel guilty for secretly tossing of few of them every now and then. I feel like the Worst-Mother-of-the-Year patrol is going to show up and pull the tiny hand print out of the trash and say "how could you?"(even though I know I have 3 other exact handprints in a file folder in our office). Anyways, all in all it was a great way to start a mother's day weekend. And I cherish every moment I have with my precious girls! For me it is all about the time I have with them and the memories we share.

No comments: