Sunday, February 8, 2009

First Lost Tooth!

First lost tooth!


Yea! S lost her first tooth yesterday! She was at a Fancy Nancy Birthday Party for one of our neighbors eating ice cream when it finally wiggled free! She was so excited! I think the ice cream helped with the bleeding because it really didn't bleed at all. She has been telling everyone she sees today that she lost her tooth! As we were leaving church today one of the childcare workers in a room 2 doors down from her class told her congrats on her lost tooth. I am not even sure how he heard...did she tell him when she passed him in the hall or maybe she made a grand announcement at chapel...who knows but she definitely wants to tell everyone the news! Last night at bedtime she wanted to say her own prayer (usually she doesn't want to pray and just wants mom or dad to pray), her prayer was "Dear God, help me to not be afraid. In Jesus name, Amen" I asked her what she was afraid of and she said she was afraid of the tooth fairy. Well after a discussion with her about how she MUST be asleep for the tooth fairy to come and how she is VERY fast S finally said "so she won't move me to get the tooth out from under my pillow?" I said nope you will never know she was here, she won't touch you. After that she seemed to be just fine and was thrilled this morning to find a dollar under her pillow! I have to step back sometimes and think things through her eyes because she puts so much thought into everything and many times this results in her anxiety. I must say though, she is all together absolutely wonderful!!

1 comment:

Alex and Sam said...

WOW!!! I can't believe it! We are not there yet. Alex's top tooth is slightly loose because he hit his mouth, but the dentist said it should be a while before it comes out. When I was little I was TERRIFIED of the tooth fairy. I had to leave my tooth outside on the patio. :) What a big girl to have lost a tooth!