Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh, for the love of air!

Last night we slept in a nice cool home....tonight is a different story! S prayer at bedtime (a palate on the floor in the living room under the fan) sums up the day, "Dear Jesus, please help our air conditioner to start working, Amen." Long story short and too explain why this is so frustrating, our a/c has been very loud for a very long time..but working. So, we finally decided to call and have it checked out. They came last week and said the compressor needed to be replaced and good news it is still under warranty for the next 3 weeks. So, today the man (not someone I would be comfortable seeing in a dark alley, however I'm sure very nice) came out and replaced the air compressor between 10 am and 6 pm. Yes, we had no air for this entire time (I think the high today was 104). When he left the a/c sounded great, so nice and quiet.....small problem, there is no cool air coming from it! Aghh!! When I called the company this evening to see what they could do to help us, the oh so sweet and I'm sure nice and cool lady on the other end said "I'm so very sorry you will be sooo hot tonight but our technician will be there first thing in the morning, between 10 and noon, I hope you have a good night Sweetie." REALLY?!!! First thing?? Sweetie?? Oh, for the love of air! I have been reminded of a bible verse throughout the day today, "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS and again I say rejoice!" Wow this is a lot harder sometimes than others!

No comments: